Evolution of Rhyme to Kaafi (کافی)

I was not in the mood to write something about this word "kaafi" because of many reasons. But I am unable to comprehend the motive due to which I am writing these lines. I am neither a Kaafi writer nor any authenticity on this aspect of rhyme. But still I am going to write my feelings about it. And the credit goes to a line "کیا حال سنانواں دل دا" by Hazrat Khwaja Ghulam Fareed from Kot Mithan.

Khwaja Fareed RA is one of the most eminent muslim philosophers, sufi soul, scholar of art, religion and music. And above all he is the man who has been a motive behind Islam in Cholistan and southern Punjab. Just a line about Khwaja Fareed RA by Dr Allama Muhammad Iqbal "Some one who comprehends what all Khwaja Fareed said in his poetry does not carry any motive to come to me."

I have been listening this Kaafi for the last four hours and still I feel I should keep on going with it. The wording, rhyme, and the feel it carries is immortal. It seems heavenly when some one is lost in the lines of this Kaafi. Almost every singer of sub continent has tried his vocals upon these lines but few have made it up to the mark. This is just because of the affiliation with Khwaja Fareed RA.

It is a minute sensation which lands at our sensory cells. It stimulates them but the nature of stimulation depends upon the words being uttered and the feel behind these words. Feel refers back to the writer. The condition, feelings, circumstances and above all the motive behind the words defines the nature and level of stimulation.

This feel can be written as poetry, prose or any form of art. But if the motive and nature of feel is heavenly, It creates same impact upon the reader, singer and listeners. Instruments if added in the rhyme, make it immortal if the feel is pure and heavenly. Making its way from poem to Ghazal "غزل" it reaches at the footsteps of self and soul where it becomes Kaafi "کاافی".

This is the Kaafi which has been written by Baba Bullah Shaha, Khwja Fareed and Bari Imam, few to mention. This is their feel which creates impact. If I am not wrong, they are always there if you just take their name while coming across this feel. I have experienced it so I am writing. This experience may vary.

Did you ever come across this feel??? 

No comments: